|Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office|
|Type:||Criminal Courts Building|
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of crimes in the City of Los Angeles and the surrounding county. In each case they bring before a court, the Office represents "The People of the State of California". The District Attorney is the highest officeholder in the jurisdiction's legal department and supervises a staff of Deputy District Attorneys.
The Hall of Justice is the oldest surviving government building in the Los Angeles Civic Center, that collection of city, county and federal buildings stretching for several blocks along Temple and First Streets in downtown Los Angeles. The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors authorized construction of the building to consolidate the County’s courts and jail facilities in one location. The result was a grandiose new facility housing all levels of the county criminal justice system.
- Sanjay Ramachandran Medical Examiner
Law & Order: LA
- Jerry Hardin District Attorney
- Jonah "Joe" Dekker Deputy District Attorney
- Evelyn Price Deputy District Attorney
- Lauren Stanton Deputy District Attorney
- Ricardo Morales Deputy District Attorney (resigned)
- Consuela "Connie" Rubirosa Deputy District Attorney (resigned)